- 2 books can be checked out at a time.
- 10 day checkout period per book (returns automatically on your account at the end of this time).
- early return available.
- renewal of a book is not available, but you may check out the book again (on mobile app or reading directly on the computer, your place should have been saved by the system).
- 2 holds allowed at a time.
- ebooks will only stay on your hold shelf for 1 day. You may set up email notification to notify you of available holds on your mobile account.
Known Compatible Devices
- PC – Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP (with Service Pack 3). Please note that some Windows XP computers may not have a fast enough processor to run this software properly. If you need to transfer ebooks from your PC to your device then you will need to install this software.
- Mac – any with OS X - please note that some Macs flag the 3M Cloud Library as being from an unknown source. When prompted, allow 3M Cloud Library access. If you need to transfer ebooks from your Mac to your device then you will need to install this software.
- IOS devices in the App store – iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod Touch using iOS 3.2 and higher – You may have to update your IOS version to the newest before installing. You may refer to Apple’s Website for instructions.
- Android devices in Google Play – Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4. Motorola, LG, Nexus, HTC, Asus and a wide variety of devices that have the 2.1 Android Operating system and up.
- Kindle Fire – original kindles and paperwhite kindles that do not have the Android Operating System are not compatible. If you have a Kindle Fire follow these instructions to side load the android app.
- Nook in B&N shop – Nook Color, Tablet, HD & HD+
- If your device does not fit any of the above Some Nooks, Literati, older model Sony eReaders, Kobo or other then please follow these instructions
- How do I find a book to check out right now?
1. On your 3M software or mobile app: tap on the “Categories” tab.
2. Look for a “Filter” or “Advanced Filter” button (top, right), tap this.
3. Select “Books available to check out.”
- If the date or time are incorrect on your device, the software may not allow you to login
Please follow your device’s manual or instructions to set the date and time correctly.
- Download Failed Error Message: (March 26, 2013) We have received the following message from our eBook service provider (3M): We are experiencing a problem with books from a very limited number of publishers failing to download to patron devices. The patron will receive the following error when they attempt to download the book, “Download Failed – Failed to load to ACSM file.” We are working to resolve the issue and will notify you as soon as it has been resolved.