policies – Library card policy
Applying for a library card:
- Go to the Circulation Desk at any of our library locations.
Types of Cards Available:
- Resident Card – Library cards are free of charge to all residents of Horry County and qualified property owners who live elsewhere. To obtain a card you need two forms of identification.
- Non-Resident Card – Any non-resident may purchase a Non-Resident Card for a fee.
- Visitor Card – This card is good for 90 days and can only be only used for public computer access. You will not be able to check out library materials with a visitor card.
Library Card Services:
- With a valid resident or non-resident library card you are allowed access to a world of resources. Your local library carries books, periodicals, videos, DVD’s, audiobooks, books on CD, music CD’s and childrens music on cassette. You can even access various software programs and the Internet from within your local library.
- You can access the library’s catalog. You will be able to view your library record, holds/reserves, and fines. You will also be able to place holds.
- You can access the library’s online databases.
Your library card barcode and personal identification number (PIN) will be required for remote access to the library catalog and online databases via your home or office computer. Access to public library computers also requires a library barcode and PIN.